Page Buttons

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

NTT, Winners, and A New Pattern

Welcome to Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  Sometimes I sketch new patterns and it takes awhile for me to get around to actually turning them into quilts, and other times, I design it and start creating it immediately.  Such is the case with this newest one.  I was so excited to see this quilt come together, that the process from idea, to sketch, to quilt top only took about a week.


It seems that I'm on a bit of a solids kick lately, doesn't it?  I almost made this one with prints, but I wanted the lines of the pattern to really show.  I love the diamond shape, as well as the secondary faceted jewel shape in the negative space and I was afraid that the secondary pattern would be less prominent with prints.  I know this one would really benefit from some creative quilting designs (especially because of the solids), but I have to level with you.  I'm so engrossed in working on my book these days that it will probably get an allover stipple.  Though I have branched out in my quilting lately, stippling is still my favorite, hands down.  It is relaxing for me, and I also love how it looks on a quilt.  I'll be finishing this one up between writing and editing sessions!

So, I owe you three winners from last week's sponsor news post.  Just in case it's not obvious, I have the best sponsors around, and I love working with them!  




The winner of the gorgeous spring bundle from LouLou's Fabric Shop is comment number 113, Ann!










The winner of the $50 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop is Carole, comment number 5!












And finally, the winner of the happy, vibrant bundle from Fort Worth Fabric Studio is comment number 10, STH.  Congratulations, ladies!  Have fun with your prizes!





Last week's party was full of drool worthy projects!  Y'all amaze me with your creativity week after week!  Jess at Quilty Habit shared this stunner, called Fall Spectrum-


Tanya Quilts in CO linked up this pretty rainbow bubble quilt. 


and Shauna's World shared her *king size!* version of my Courtyard Tiles pattern.  It's a beauty!


Wow, wow, WOW!  Y'all are just amazing.  It is truly one of the highlights of my week to get to browse through all of the fantastic projects you have going on, especially right now, when I'm not getting to sew as much as I would like. (not that I don't love working on my book!)  So let's party, friends!

1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)



14 comments:

  1. Love your new pattern and the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo. I love this pattern! It is beautiful. I can imagine all of the lovely colorways to make it in. And done in a week?!? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! What a neat quilt pattern! I'm also really liking the solids these days! Wish I felt more comfortable using them - without a print! I think that's my goal this year, make a quilt using all solids. Hey, this pattern is perfect for that! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new pattern. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Mr Random, I needed some retail therapy!! Thanks, Kelly, for your generous giveaways!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new pattern Kelly! Have you got a name for it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of color in the quilt top. I say stipple. Finished is better than sitting in a pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new quilt! Love the diamond shapes that are created, along with the column flow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am blown away that you drew that out and then created it! Quilty math is my nemesis. But that is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the graphic and modern look of your new pattern! Thank you for sharing my tree quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the new pattern! I think it's my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a quilt with a lot of "Wow!" factor. Hope your book is going together smoothly and you still can find some time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty quilt pattern. Love solids and love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's amazing that you did all that in a week. It's a great pattern. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips