Page Buttons

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

More Sneak Peeks and NTT

Happy Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  I've made tons of progress in the last week on quilts for my book, and I have two more little peeks to show you.  These photos are of the backings only, but you can at least see the quilting.  In fact, I've expanded my quilting horizons a little bit with these two.


The first quilt has a very peaceful palette, and I thought some free motion waves with aqua thread would complement it nicely.  It's the first time I've ever quilted waves, and I'm pleased with them.  Next time though, I plan to try to have some of the waves come closer together in places.  I think this will make the movement more organic.


I backed the second quilt with French General fabrics and quilted with flowers in muted gold thread. French General fabrics aren't exactly considered modern, but being a south Louisiana girl, the warmth of these French influenced fabrics are near and dear to my heart.  They just remind me of home.  This is the second time I've quilted flowers, but I made these a little smaller than the first attempt.  I found that making them smaller actually made it much easier to cover the quilt evenly without blank spots.

Let's get to last week's party highlights, shall we?  I'm embracing a final bit of Christmas kitsch in this quilt from Homespun Hannah-


Kate at Life in Pieces linked up her progress on this pretty quilt.


and I know I shared the blocks last week, but I couldn't help but share this finished top from Tanya Quilts in CO.  Y'all know I love a curvy illusion!


Alrighty friends!  Let's link up and party!

You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)



11 comments:

  1. Oh my, thank you for showing my Ugly Christmas Sweaters quilt. I feel so honored. Hoping your week is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking Tanya's quilt top to feature, it is my Scrap Dance Waltz pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my Scrap Dance Waltz top! I also love the curvy look too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backings are looking interesting, and so mysterious! Looking forward to seeing the fronts :) Danice's Ugly Sweater quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the book! I must have missed this wonderful news in the blur that was December. I cannot wait to read it! And your wavy lines look awesome against that peaceful palette. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your goodies!!! love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the French General backing. Thank you for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colors on the peaceful palette Kelly. Organic Wavy Lines is my #1 quilting choice! Thanks for the link up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your wavy quilting looks just fine. Those backings are beautiful! They make me really want to see the fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear you're making progress. The backs look great. Can't wait to see the fronts. I like wavy quilting, although I haven't done it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for highlighting Bejeweled, the borders are on it now. So it's time to piece the back. Love the backs of both projects. Looking forward to seeing the fronts in your book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips