Page Buttons

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Third Time's the Charm (and NTT)

Happy Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  I hope everyone had a magical Christmas last weekend.  Ours was lots of fun, but so busy!  I squeezed in some time to quilt and bind my latest quilt, and as the title of my post suggests, this one is called Third Time's the Charm.  This is the third of three identical quilts I've made with these fabrics and pattern, but this one is all for me!


This is made with my Baubles pattern, available in my Craftsy and Etsy shops, and though it looks curvy and complicated, it uses all straight piecing, and goes together in a snap!


It's hard to tell, but I stippled this one with the perfect shade of Aurifil coral thread (#5002).  In person, it adds a fun, unexpected little pop.  I kept the stippling a little wider so that the coral thread didn't add too much busy pattern to the prints.


The Baubles pattern only requires 16 fat quarters for a generous lap size quilt, but since the Joel Dewberry Flora collection contains 24 prints, I used all of them and just put the leftovers to good use on the backing.  I widened out the backing with a couple of stripes of Kona Navy, which I also used to bind.

Though I am busy with plenty of secret sewing for my book, I'm glad I got a chance to fit this quilt into my schedule!

Alrighty, friends!  I'm super excited to share the features from last week's party.  There were so many fantastic things linked up!  Like this scrappy strip quilt from Susan at Quilt Fabrication.  What an amazing use of leftover strips!


Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework linked up this Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.  The blocks are beautifully jumbled up, and it makes the quilt so interesting!


and finally, HeARTs Creations shared this unique red, black, and white finish, called Planetary.  Super cool!


Can I just tell you how much fun it is for me to browse all of these amazing quilts, week after week?  Particularly when I'm traveling and I can't get to my machine, it is so wonderful to be able to satisfy my need for quilty eye-candy via internet.  This is my last post of 2016, and I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store.

You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)




9 comments:

  1. Third Time's the Charm turned out beautifully. That pattern really showcases those prints. Hope you get some time to snuggle with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great finish Kelly! Thanks for sharing my scrappy sampler again. It was a lot of fun to lay out. Wish you and your family a wonderful 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your fabrics in this quilt, such a pretty range!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! I'm happy to hear you had lovely Christmas time! Wishing you all the best for the 2017! Your new quilt is beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I love your pieces! The black, white and red really grabbed me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was, 'gasp, look at all those curves'. I really need to buy the Baubles pattern and add it to my go-to patterns for gifts. Thank you for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Nice job! Truly one of my favorite quilt patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for a quilt for you. I always thought the blocks in this pattern were rounded, but just realized that they're not. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally deserve to keep a quilt for yourself - it is so gorgeous in those Joel Dewberry fabrics! I love that range and must start collecting some more of it so I can make Baubles too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips