Page Buttons

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Winners, NTT, and a Gift

Happy NTT!  I feel like this week is really just a lull between two ultra-hectic weekends for me.  I had the distinct pleasure of presenting a trunk show and teaching two classes to the lovely ladies and gentlemen of the White County Quilt Guild this weekend, and I am sad to say that I committed a cardinal sin of quilt teaching.  I completely forgot to get photos, but suffice it to say that a great time was had by all, and there was lots of amazing sewing going on (I'm hoping for some emailed photos later).

This weekend, I am flying down to the Houston area for my sister's baby shower.  You may remember  that a couple of months ago I made my Sun Dappled Sea quilt to match the nursery's nautical theme.   Since I knew she was anxious to get the nursery finished, I gave the quilt to her over the summer, but I wanted to sew a little lagniappe for the shower (lagniappe means "a little something extra" for all of you non-Louisiana natives).


Every baby needs plenty of burp cloths, so I made a little set in the same soothing shades as the quilt.  I used my One-Hour Baby Gift tutorial to whip these up, and if you've never tried these, they make an adorably easy, personal handmade gift!

So, even though both weekend trips are packed with fun, the week in-between has been one long checklist of unpacking and last minute details before leaving again.  Amidst everything, I have actually cut all of the fabric for a brand new quilt, but right now it's just in pieces, so nothing interesting to see there.  So without further ado, let's just move onto the winners from last weeks giveaway post.  There are six winners this month!





First off, the winner of the gorgeous Handmade fat quarter bundle in the coral color way, provided by Shabby Fabrics, is Sarah Goer, comment number 65!






Next up are the five winners of the Jolly Bar books, provided by the Fat Quarter Shop.  Congratulations to-


Joan- comment number 17 
Lori Smanski- comment number 73
Kristine- comment number 36
rosemaryschild-comment number 61
Emily C. -comment number 126

I'll be contacting you all by email very soon to get your shipping address so you can get your prizes!

Okay!  Before we get to the party, let's check out a few highlights from last week's awesome NTT.  Take a look at this gorgeous quilt top from Patch the Giraffe (and there's a block tutorial)!


and the rich colors in this beauty by Quilting is More Fun Than Housework-


and this scrappy Christmas Trip Around the World by Maryse Makes Things is so awesome!  You know busy and scrappy are just my style!

Alright!  Time to link up the latest from your sewing space!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)






5 comments:

  1. I went back and took a peek at the Sun Dappled Sea quilt you made ~ Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your burp cloth tutorial, very nice! A friend will be having a baby shower in a little while so I have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! Sometimes it's better to forget the camera because it takes all the attention and time. All these three quilts are also my favourites! The first one really sparkles and I would like to try that. Have a wonderful weekend! x Teje
    www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this tutorial, and I'm glad you mentioned it again because I almost forgot about it.
    And many thanks for showing my quilt this week, much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time with your sister. I bet you can't wait to see the nursery-and the baby?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips