Page Buttons

Friday, February 5, 2016

My Kryptonite

No, your eyes do not deceive you.  This new quilt is filled with lots and lots of Amy Butler fabrics (plus a few Art Gallery, Dear Stella, and Anna Maria Horner prints for good measure); and yes, I am completely in love with it.


In case you don't remember, about 1.5 years ago, I had accumulated an AB stash containing 30 different prints, totaling almost 40 (gasp!) yards- you can see that whole glorious stash in the post HERE, and I couldn't help but make a little collage of some of the quilts I made with all of those delicious prints-


It took awhile, but I used every bit of those 40 yards.  Well, Amy Butler fabrics are my kryptonite.  I am powerless against their vibrant colors and bold prints, and so, as the opportunities presented themselves in the form of swaps, sales, and indulgences here and there, I have slowly but surely amassed a new (considerably smaller) hoard.  There are prints from Soul Blossoms, Lark, Love, Hapi, Lotus, and Cameo collections in this quilt, and they all play so well together, (and with the AMH and Art Gallery fabrics too).  I think that's one reason why I love her fabrics so much.  The beauty in putting them all together is that they don't match, but have unity in their color saturation and print scale.

So, back to the new quilt at hand- this pattern is one that I am SO excited about.  I sketch new designs all the time, and many of the patterns I sketch never make it out of my book.  As soon as I sketched a few blocks of this one though, I knew I had to make it, and I knew exactly which fabrics I needed to pull to show it off.


I am calling this pattern Stems and Stones, because it reminds me of a stroll through a formal garden with defined flower beds, surrounded by beautiful hardscape.  The design is a different take on an interlocking tile print, and I think the flowers created in the negative space interlocked with the tiles, gives the pattern a little extra dimension.  I absolutely cannot wait to finish it!

Speaking of patterns, I am also thrilled to let you know that my Interference pattern is all finished, and is now available in my Craftsy and Etsy shops.  This pattern is simple, but all together, the blocks have such great movement.  It's perfect for a beginner, or even for an experienced quilter looking for some stress-free sewing.  Check it out!




9 comments:

  1. I love it! I just made my niece a quilt with Amy's Bright Heart collection, and holy cow those fabrics are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was half as fast as you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt! Can't wait until the pattern is available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning pattern as always! I really admire your bold use of bright colours and prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not wrong - this pattern is awesome. I love the AB prints too. Hope the pattern will be available to buy soon. I'm in the process (over a number of weeks, ahem months) of making the twin size of your Bubble Bath pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I think it's going to be one of your best patterns yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap 40 yards! That is so awesome and even more awesome that you were able to use up all 40 yards! Way to go Kelly!
    This quilt is a great pattern too! Love your blog, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quilt! Looking forward to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! Love the bright colors in those prints.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips