Page Buttons

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

NTT and Ambleside

Happy Thursday, all!  I can't believe it's November already!  Thanksgiving is just three short weeks from tomorrow, and Christmas... well, I don't even want to count.  I have way too much to do!  For the past few days, I've been keeping busy with the Ambleside FQ bundle I got a couple of weeks ago.


These are just a few of the 80 blocks I have to make, and they aren't even pressed yet.  This quilt will be a queen size (80" x 100"), so I have some marathon sewing sessions planned to get these knocked out.  These D4P blocks aren't difficult, but they are a little more time consuming than you would think.  I guess that's true of any block that you have to sew twice.

This quilt will be for my cousin's wife, who wants to give the quilt as a Christmas gift to her parents (I don't think there's a less convoluted way to say that).  She saw my Springtime Blooms quilt and wanted a quilt with the same pattern, and with fabrics that have the same softer colors.  I think the Ambleside collection fulfills those needs nicely.  So far, I have 55 blocks finished, and I'm hoping to get the rest sewn tonight and tomorrow so I can get the top put together.

Last week's party was ahh-mazing!  Y'all are really kicking your awesomeness into high gear with the holidays approaching!  I'm positively swooning over this warm/cool AMH Dresden Plate quilt by Maryse Makes Things-


This Modern Maples quilt by Cardboard Boxes and Paper Hearts is such a pretty tribute to the season-


and Cathy at A Quilting Chick linked up a brand new Moda Bake Shop pattern, Night in Old San Antonio (or NIOSA) for short- gorgeous!


I can't tell you how much I love browsing your projects week after week (even if I don't have time to comment on all of them).  Y'all truly inspire me.  Let's link up, friends!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!


9 comments:

  1. That is a lovely quilt you have in the making!

    It's always nice to see one of my quilts featured here ... Thanks Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, that D4P is adorable. Very soothing colors. Wishing you all the best in your upcoming marathon sewing sessions!!!
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for hosting. This is truly one party I enJOY checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Ambleside D4P Kelly - it is such a pretty line and looks great in that pattern! I am glad you posted the size. I am working on a Queen sized quilt also. It is a surprise for someone and I can't figure out how to get into their house and measure the depth of their mattress! I know the top is 60x80. I am currently at 72" square. xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are using such lovely prints, I love the soft coloring. This quilt will be amazing when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this current quilt is just wonderful. I bet you could make it with a layer cake. Do you have a pattern for this? It is going to be Beautiful. I love the simplistic look! Thank you for sharing. Her parents will just Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new project looks great. I like that the colors are soft without being washed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly! I just came across your blog and am absolutely loving it. Somehow I came across the beautiful blue and brown quilt on Pinterest and it is AMAZING! The teacher that you gave it to is very lucky. I have started following your blog, but havn't had a chance to read much, but I have looked at a lot of your quilts. And I will probably be interested in some tutorials. I have only pieced several quilt tops.... I have never done any quilting, but I really want to do it. I look forward to checking out all that you have to offer! BTW... this quilt is beautiful as well!!! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly!

      I am so glad you found my blog, and so happy to know that you have enjoyed checking out my quilts! Welcome!

      :) Kelly

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips