Page Buttons

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Three Finished

Well, it made me a little bit crazy to have three WIP's going on at once, but I have to admit that since they were all similar, it went more quickly that I expected.  I know that three WIP's is nothing compared to some of you, but I usually only work on one quilt at a time!  From cutting the shirts to delivering the finished quilts to my friend, it took one week to get them done, and I just might be persuaded to work this way more often.


If you missed my last post, these quilts are made from the shirts of my friend's late husband.  The first two quilts are for her granddaughters, and are the most similar, both using HST's and measuring 48 inches square.



The third quilt is for my friend herself, and I made it a little bit bigger, measuring 54 x 57 inches.  She loved the fact that all of the logos and pockets are incorporated into hers.


I kept the backing and binding the same for all three quilts.  The Kona Navy is the perfect frame for the shirts, and the chambray backing with the stripe of scraps fits the feel of the quilts perfectly!  Some of the shirts had a thicker woven texture, so I quilted these with a wide stipple so that the quilt would drape nicely without being too stiff.


I'm so glad I was able to make these quilts for her and her granddaughters.  She absolutely loved them, and I know they'll be treasured for many, many years to come.


11 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! What a perfect remembrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same idea to make a memory quilt with my late grandmother's blouses. She passed away last year shortly after turning 100! Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job on these. What treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing amount of work and creativity to accomplish in one week! Bravo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three in a week!? Man, that is impressive!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a whizz! Three in a week? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All 3 quilts look lovely and I'm sure will be treasured for many years - a nice way to cuddle and think of a loved one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are all three so lovely... and I'm sure they'll be loved by the owners. I absolutely like the idea of the incorporated logos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had thought of that after my late Father passed. He had sooooo many shirts & my Mother & I would have loved to have quilts in remembrance of him. Beautiful & huggable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new owners of these quilts will love them!
    I have to confess to being a multiple WIPper. It drives me crazy most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely way to use the shirts and they will mean so much to the granddaughters,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips