Page Buttons

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

First Light and NTT

Welcome to another Needle and Thread Thursday, friends!  It has been a crazy week around here.  I'm pretty sure I have been saying that a LOT in the last few weeks, but that's just the way it is at the end of the school year.  I am so excited to share my latest finish with you, along with a good shot of my roses in full bloom.


As with most quilts that are out of my comfort zone, I was relieved to get this one finished.  It actually grew on me the longer I worked on it.  My eyes just needed to adjust to the pastels, I think.  Brights are definitely still my preference though.


I pieced the backing with scraps from the back, and chose to bind it in the darkest gray chevron.  Instead of making my usual label, I included a simple message for the recipient.  I decided to name this one First Light, because the pinks, aquas, and soft grays remind me of the sun peeking over the horizon at dawn.  Even though the name isn't actually on the quilt, I decided to name it anyway for myself.


I can't wait to see her face when she opens it up (along with the matching burp cloths) at the shower.  I just know she's going to love it!

Without further ado, let's check out some of the awesomeness from last week's party.  Kate at Life in Pieces shared these beautiful blocks!


This triangle quilt from A Note to Follow Sew really caught my eye.  The colors are really gorgeous!


and this baby girl quilt top from Quilts and Such is super sweet!


Okay friends,  Time to party!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!



9 comments:

  1. First Light really fits the colors in that quilt, it will be well loved by the little one.

    It was a surprise to scroll down the blog and see a familiar set of blocks appear. It's fun to see them somewhere else, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! Thanks for the linkup! Awesome showcases too! What kind of pen do you use to write out your labels? I really like how it writes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very cute, I am sure it will be a well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First light is so pretty and prefect for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Light just says "snuggle me"! I really like it. Thank you for hosting the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great name, kelly! i can definitely see what you mean. and i have a hard time adjusting to new color palettes myself, but usually it happens after working with the fabrics long enough. if they're pretty! another lovely finish. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great name, kelly! i can definitely see what you mean. and i have a hard time adjusting to new color palettes myself, but usually it happens after working with the fabrics long enough. if they're pretty! another lovely finish. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the colours are really sweet. It's a beautiful gift. What a lucky little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so behind the times! Thanks for including my quilt in your round up!

    Jenny @ A Note to Follow Sew

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips