Page Buttons

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break NTT!

I have been on spring break this week, and it has already been fantastic.  I rode the train from Memphis down to Louisiana all by myself, and spent a couple of days antiquing, shopping, and visiting my parents and grandparents.  My sister joined us from Houston (sans family as well), and it was such a fun time.  It was a neat experience to be back in our parents' house where we grew up, with just the four of us again.  I've been married for over 16 years, and this is the first time I've taken a trip by myself.  Before I left though, I put together the hot pink and camo quilt commission quilt top.


I like how it is turning out, but now I am a little bit worried that the camo isn't prominent enough in the design.  When I planned the quilt, I envisioned the entire thing taking on a camo look, with all of the shades of camouflage represented in the blocks, but now that the top is done, I wonder if that is what she had in mind?  I am planning a large chunk of pink camo on the backing, and I think I'm going to put it at the top of the quilt so that when it is turned down on the bed, it will be very visible.  What do you think?

Anyway, let's not let my ramblings keep us from the party!  Check out some of my faves from last week's link up-

My Pieced Life shared her Fairgrounds quilt made with Scrumptious fabrics.  Oh yes.  This quilt is scrumptious indeed.  Can't wait to see it finished!


Jess at Quilty Habit linked up her finished Pebble Cascade quilt.  What a gorgeous representation of modern quilting!


and Leigh Laurel Studios showed off this flowering snowball mini!  Love it!


Okay quilty friends.  I hope you're enjoying some glorious spring days, and that it is inspiring you to create some fabric awesomeness!  Let's see it!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!


5 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful trip! We only have 4 days off now (including weekend) because we had to use too many snow days, and we still have a couple of weeks until then. Boo! I think the quilt looks great even with an unconventional fabric combination! The camo does stand out but it doesn't overpower (which I think is a good thing). :) Thanks for featuring my quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Camo quilt is well balanced and it looks great. Enjoy the rest of your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fun trip. My DIL and all 5 gdaughters (ages 4yrs to 26 yrs) are into camo so I emailed them the link to your quilt photo and asked them the question. They all said they would want more camo in the quilt top. Sorry....but you did ask. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, the camo quilt turned out great, and I agree that some additional camo at the top of the back will be fun when it's flipped back. Thanks for sharing my mini! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camo quilt looks great, Kelly! I think you have a nice balance of the prints there. Your trip sounds fantastic. I love train rides :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips