Page Buttons

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Country Girl Chic

Well, I have made the most of the remaining days of my Spring Break, and finished the hot pink and camouflage quilt this morning.  I hope it is exactly what the recipient had in mind.


Even though the camouflage isn't "in your face," I really think (hope) it's just enough.  Plus, as I mentioned in my last post, I included a large chunk at the top of the backing, so that when it is turned down on the bed, there will be plenty visible.


The section of pink camo on the back is 25 inches wide, so it can be turned down quite a bit to just see the camo, but if she wants to turn the quilt back a little further, she will see a bit of the cute brown polkadot as well.


Another thing that was requested was a monogram on one of the blocks, and I think it adds such a cute, personal touch.  I decided to put the monogrammed block on the bottom corner so that it will drape off of the end of the bed.



I had just enough fabric left over for a scrappy binding, and I like the way it frames the quilt.  The finished quilt measures approximately 81" x 99" and will fit her queen sized bed perfectly!

All in all, even though this quilt in not my personal preference, I think it turned out well.  Because it is so far outside of my usual style, this quilt was tough for me.  I have second guessed myself throughout the entire process, and I am looking forward to sending it off to its new home.  I truly hope she loves it!


18 comments:

  1. I think it came out great! The monogram is the perfect complement in the bottom corner! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew you could make camo into something so lovely! We live in a rural area and several of the girls have had camo prom dresses--not so lovely. :0) I really like the monogramming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out beautifully! The name fits perfectly too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is bound to love it, you did a marvelous job. I really like the monogram, what a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!! My daughter would love this also. I may "steal" this idea for her next one!youve inspired me to run out and buy some new fabric to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great Kelly, I really love it. How did you do the monogram? I would like to add this touch to a quilt I'm making for my daughter. Sorry always stealing your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it turned out great! The monogram on the corner is in the perfect place. I'm not into camo or pink but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quilt! I'm particularly in love with the block, not so much the camo fabric (I live in rural TN and have had quite enough camo in my life, thank you). I especially like how the block is big enough to show off an interesting print, but the snowballs make the block shape unique! I have some fabric in my stash that is calling out to be made into this quilt. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! One lucky girl will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is beautiful! You really did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out beautifully! And love the backing--ties the camo theme all together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Came together superbly, I love it and so will the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing this quilt! It's not anything I would have put together as it's not my taste either, but I think it/something similar would be perfect for my niece who loves to hunt with her dad, but is still very much a girl! :) Great job! I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the hardest time making things for others, I also second guess all the time. I think you did really well, Kelly!! Let me know how she likes it. The monogram looks beautiful :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope she likes it, too! You'll have to tell us what she thinks of the final quilt in all of its pink and camo beauty. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips