Page Buttons

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The End of the Drought

Hooray!  My sewing drought is finally at an end!  It isn't like I haven't had the desire to sew, I have just had trouble finding the time since finishing my Laundry Money quilt right before Thanksgiving.  Yesterday was our last day of school before Winter Break, and when I got home, I just crashed.  A late afternoon/evening nap is not great if you want to be able to go to bed at a reasonable hour, but even thought I didn't plan it, I decided to seize the opportunity for some quiet sewing into the wee hours of the morning.


I was so excited to make such great progress that I woke up and finished this quilt top this morning.  I've had this bundle of Up Parasol for a couple of months, and it was just killing me to leave it alone for so long.

This weekend is really the calm between two storms.  Life has been so hectic lately, and it feels wonderful to have a relaxing weekend at home; but of course we're gearing up for a busy Christmas week next week.  I'm hoping I can at least get the back put together, and get this quilt basted before Christmas, but I just don't know if it's going to happen.  We shall see!


16 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous line. I love that you chose big blocks to show the prints off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, I love the happy colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful - reminds me of spring on the first official day of winter. You'll have a great break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice good to see you had some stitching time have a lovely Christmas with the family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt top!! Excited to see all finished too. Beautiful!!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern really showcases the prints and they are show stoppers! Beautiful
    Merry Christmas to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that fabric in that pattern.Had fun figuring out the pattern of the white squres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! And such a soft, pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand! I'm still in a sewing drought and I have a few holiday projects that I need to finish up this week. Can't seem to find the time (and sometimes the motivation) to sew! Pretty quilt top. Have a wonderful holiday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will this be a new pattern? Please???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! I'm so glad you like this one. Actually, I am planning to write the pattern for it, hopefully before I get back to school. So, be on the lookout! Hope you had a great Christmas!

      :) Kelly

      Delete
  11. Very, very beautiful! What a great pattern. Enjoy your Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and inspiring quilt! Yay for sewing time! Hope your break is restful and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips