Page Buttons

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Better Late Than Never!

Oops!  SO sorry NTT is late this week.  We went out of town for a wedding last weekend, and I feel like I've been running in circles since getting home Sunday evening.  The wedding was under the Evangeline Oak (of Longfellow's Evangeline fame), right on the banks of Bayou Teche in Louisiana,  and it was really lovely.


You know, even though I haven't lived in Louisiana in 16 years, it is still home, and there are always some experiences that bring me right back.  Right now, it is sugar cane harvest time.  After harvesting, the fields are burned, filling the air with a sweet, smoky scent that I just love.  Of course, the rehearsal dinner and reception served traditional Cajun fare, and we even stumbled across the local high school band playing jazz in the town square.  Added to that was the fact that I got to spend some quality time with my parents and grandparents, which made it a really fantastic weekend!  Since our 16th anniversary is tomorrow, it was a nice little getaway!

Last week's party was awesome!  Heather at Modern Parti Quilts linked up this fun little pillow-


Kaja at Sew Slowly showed her progress on her Big City quilt.  I love how modern it is.  It really does give the impression of a cityscape!  So. cool.


And last, but not least, Shanna from Sparrow In Flight shared this fun triangle quilt.  What great colors, and all of that negative space really shows off the amazing quilting!



Before we party, there is a little bit of business to attend to.  Since Christmas Day and New Years Day are the next two Thursdays, NTT will be taking a two week break and will return on January 8th!  I'm sure I will still post a few times between now and January 8th (I'm counting on some serious sewing time once school is out!), but we just won't have the scheduled NTT party.  I truly hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Let's send 2014 out with a bang!  Time to link up!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!


10 comments:

  1. Pretty entries from last week! I liked reading about your trip to Louisiana. Very picturesque description of the smell of the burning sugar cane fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, it is Needle and Thread Thursday, not NT Wednesday night, so you are not late at all!! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and glad you had a fun time!!! Isn't it funny how certain places always feel like home? I know when I go back to PA I feel the exact same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing those posts from last week, great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Thanks for hosting NTT this year - its always fun to come and link up and see whats new in your world. Enjoy your time sewing over break - I'm totally planning to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and your husband look so good together! Thanks again for hosting a fun link party. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a fabulous time in Louisiana! Lovely work from last week. As always, many thanks for hosting the linky party. Have a great week Marie xxx (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects from last week :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary (a bit late!). Sounds like you had a great trip! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips