We decided to make a modern sampler quilt, to allow each of our members some freedom in the blocks sewn. I worked on my first one this evening, since I'm between quilts right now.
I like this block, but I have to say that it didn't really come out the way I envisioned. I wanted the center square and strips to be only about an inch wide but I couldn't make the math work out easily to do that. As it is, it looks a lot like a weathervane block with different proportions. Oh well, I'm sure it will look great in the quilt anyway, even if it is different from my original plan.
Last week, y'all just knocked my socks off with all of the great stuff linked up!
Stephanie at Quarter Incher showed off her QAYG herringbone quilt- gasp! It is so stunning!
and Keera at Live. Love. Sew shared her Springhouse Sugar quilt. I just love the colors in this one, and her quilting is amazing!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!