Amy Butler's fabrics are so bold and graphic that I always worry about cutting them too much and losing the effect of the print. I also tend to think that a pattern that is too fussy runs the risk of detracting from their beauty as well.
This quilt is certainly busy, but I think the pattern works with the fabrics instead of against them. These are 4 inch strips (finished) cut the full width of the fat quarter (21 inches), so the fabrics are in pretty decent sized chunks. In person, that makes it seem not quite as busy. The quilt measures just over 60x60 in. I had lots of fun arranging the strips randomly and sewing them up, and it went together quickly! I can't wait to get this one finished. I love it that much!
Last week there were so many fantastic links to kick off the new year and I had so much fun browsing through all of them!
Pretty Little Quilts shared this stunner-
Squeeze Quilts shared this gorgeous quilt, made using my Purse Strings block tutorial. I'm so honored!
and Amanda at What the Bobbin? linked up this blue and orange block sampler. Love the colors!
Y'all started 2014 with a bang! I can't wait to see what you've been working on this week! Let's party! Just remember...
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!