Let me just say this- although this pattern is not difficult, I did find it time consuming. I guess any pattern that requires double cutting, double pressing, and double sewing probably would be. Of course, it doesn't help that the quilt I'm making is a monstrous 80 x 100 inches. It's a beast!
I decided to pull out my 40 FQ bundle of April Cornell Spring Magic fabrics that I've had for over three years (since before my wrist injury). I have to admit- I still really like these fabrics. Even though they are florals, the colors are really vibrant and drool-worthy for any girly girl.
There was one thing I wish I had done in this quilt top, which is to trim my blocks to size. I really don't know what I was thinking by not doing that, I think I was just overzealous to get the top done. I just pressed them, laid them out, and started sewing them together. That really jumped up and bit me in the behind when joining my rows. Some of the seams didn't match perfectly, and at that point, there really wasn't a darn thing I could do. Hopefully, the pattern is busy enough that it won't be too noticeable, and quilting will help too.
This quilt needs a great name- sooner rather than later since my label goes on right after basting but before quilting! The fabrics remind me of English chintz dinnerware, so I was thinking of something along the lines of "Afternoon Tea Time," or "Rose Cottage," but I'm not really sold on either of those. I love the word "garden" but I've used it in two quilt names already, so I'm trying to stay away from it.
If you have a great name idea (or even if you don't!), leave me a comment!