Page Buttons

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Needle and Thread Thursday 7/18

Welcome to Needle and Thread Thursday!

First, I'll fill you in on what I've been doing around here.  On Monday, I finished my brother in law's camouflage quilt- The Great Outdoors, but since then, I have barely gotten to my sewing machine at all.

It feels so very wrong to say this, but my time this week has been spent back in my classroom getting it set up for the coming school year (we have to pack everything away each year).  I have to report back on July 29th, and the students on August 5th.  We've been out since Memorial Day, but wow.  That July date on the calendar is just plain mean.

Anyway, I have managed to get the blocks pieced for a quilt I'm making for a very special lady.  This selfless lady makes beautiful quilts herself, but through the years, she has never kept one.  I'm speaking of course, of my grandmother.  I'm using a layer cake of Chateau Rouge by French General, and the warm colors and vintage French prints will look perfect draped across the sofa in their Louisiana living room.





Now check out some of the fantastic links from last week- we had 43!  Y'all have been busy with some awesome projects!

Made by Chrissie D shared two fantastic blocks!  This one is called Broken Arrows.


snips snippets finished this cute 23 pillow.  I love those colors!


  And Caroline's Craftiness shared this gorgeous hourglass quilt top!



Y'all inspire me each and every week with your fantastic projects and I can't wait to see what you share this week!  So, let's get down to it!

The guidelines-

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link. (the NTT button is on my sidebar)
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is so very appreciated.  Let me know and I'll follow back!


20 comments:

  1. First I have to say that The Great Outdoors quilt is spectacular! I have one Duck Dynasty fan in our household who had not yet gotten a handmade quilt.... You are giving me some quilty inspiration with that one! And the French General prints for gramma... NICE! I was eying that line on Moda. Can't wait to see how that stack finishes up. Sure looks like you made a great start on them! Thanks for hosting the linky party!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely about that July school date being evil! Ours is two weeks later and I keep saying to my husband--but school is supposed to start AFTER Labor Day, not before! By any chance do you live in Arizona? That's when my grandchildren are headed back to school, too.

    Great projects from your readers--and I think your grandmother will be beyond pleased with the French General quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric selection for your grandmother's quilt! What pattern are you using? I sure do appreciate you hosting this linky party each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. August 5th that seems so early! Well,may everything come together for you and I hope you have terrific students this year!

    How sweet to make a quilt for your Grandma---one that she has to keep;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son goes back to school on July 31st!! That is down right wrong if you ask me ;-) Love the French General fabric!! Can't wait to see it come together.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. That French General collection is so pretty and I loved the quilt for your BIL as well. Have a good week and I started following your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those Chateau Rouge fabrics are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the finish on this one!

    A friend's daughter is about to embark on her first year as a elementary teacher and is decorating her classroom. She has asked me to help with a couple of projects so I'll be busy for the next couple of weeks on that. They start Aug 15 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we tried starting school during the summer, there would be some kids protesting, I can tell you. We don't have a lot of summer weather in Canada, so it's precious to us. :D
    I love your new fabric!!! I drooled onto my iPad, lol!!! I can't wait to see what pattern you put together.
    I'm planning on linking up today. My foster doggie is getting picked up here soon, so I have to pack him up. He's adopted!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. back to school all ready?! sheesh. that was fast! i want to see a complete report of your summer's doings. =)

    i love french general! hope your grandmother does, too. but why wouldn't she? great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it is so hot to start back to school! And I think your Grandmother will love love this quilt.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that French General is lovely, I'm sure your grandmother will love it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you've made a great choice with that fabric collection. The resulting quilt will be amazing. I know what you mean about not having the time to get to the sewing machine. I've got so many things going on and the regular week seems to steal more time from me than I like. At least the weekend is almost here and I should be able to sneak in a at least a couple hours of quality sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becca! I love this fabric too and can't wait to get the top put together! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. We'll see... Thanks for visiting!

      :) Kelly
      ps- responding here since you are a no-reply blogger!

      Delete
  13. That is going to make such a lovely quilt for your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crazy about French General, early this year I worked with La Petite Ecole on a project that I can't blog about yet but the colours were so similar to this range, as they usually are, and it's just gorgeous - I'm sure your Grandmother will be very thrilled. Thanks heaps for the feature, I've done a shout out to you on my made by ChrissieD facebook page today. Off now to check out 'The Great Outdoors' quilt that you've finished, I'm kind of glad you're off back to work, you'll give us all a chance to catch up with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, I feel your pain! I've been back in my classroom this week, too. The summer is going by altogether too fast, and I still have lots of projects to do! I am a follower of your blog! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment Diann! It seems like the summer gets shorter and shorter each year! I follow you through bloglovin' as well!

      :) Kelly
      ps- responding here since you're a no-reply blogger!

      Delete
  16. So sweet to be making your grandmother a quilt! She will love it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's going to be a lovely quilt for your grandmother, i can't wait to see the finish! And school already?! I thought school started back up in September?! Are your quilt gnomes able to work unsupervised? I hope so :)
    Thanks for including my pillow in your lineup of awesomeness this week! And thanks as always for hosting N&TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly! I fell in love with your blog on my first "visit". (I love your energy!)
    I'm linked up and added your blog to my People Who Inspire Me blog list. Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com. See ya on Thursdays! Val:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips