First, I'll fill you in on what I've been doing around here. On Monday, I finished my brother in law's camouflage quilt- The Great Outdoors, but since then, I have barely gotten to my sewing machine at all.
It feels so very wrong to say this, but my time this week has been spent back in my classroom getting it set up for the coming school year (we have to pack everything away each year). I have to report back on July 29th, and the students on August 5th. We've been out since Memorial Day, but wow. That July date on the calendar is just plain mean.
Anyway, I have managed to get the blocks pieced for a quilt I'm making for a very special lady. This selfless lady makes beautiful quilts herself, but through the years, she has never kept one. I'm speaking of course, of my grandmother. I'm using a layer cake of Chateau Rouge by French General, and the warm colors and vintage French prints will look perfect draped across the sofa in their Louisiana living room.
Now check out some of the fantastic links from last week- we had 43! Y'all have been busy with some awesome projects!
Made by Chrissie D shared two fantastic blocks! This one is called Broken Arrows.
snips snippets finished this cute 23 pillow. I love those colors!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link. (the NTT button is on my sidebar)
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is so very appreciated. Let me know and I'll follow back!