Page Buttons

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Link it Up- It's Needle and Thread Thursday!

Welcome to Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  I've had the most unfortunate experience this week of attending some quite dry (read extremely boring) trainings for three full days this week. Ugh.  At the end of each day, I managed to decompress by sewing the happiest quilt I could manage and stripping the night away at my sewing machine.  My inspiration came from Kim at Windsor and Main with her Summertime Picnic Quilt.  I kept gawking at it, and finally decided I just had to make one for myself!

I finished the top and pieced the backing this evening.  I just have to give it a final press, then it will be all ready for basting (ugh again!) tomorrow night.  I even managed to get the blocks put together before the last rays of sun were gone, so I got a couple of bright, sunshiny pictures!




Thanks to everyone for linking up last week!  Even though it was a holiday in the US, we still had lots of great links.  Here are a few that caught my eye-

Esther from ipatch shared this cool diamond quilt.  I love an optical illusion in a quilt!



Susan at The Bored Zombie linked up her Dizzy Dresden quilt top progress.  What a fun quilt!


And last, but not least, Ashley from Wasn't Quilt in a Day shared this simple, but really lovely strip quilt.  Love that Chicopee Ashley!



You are all so inspiring!  I can't wait to see what you've got going on this week!

Remember the guidelines!

1.  Let's keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link. (the NTT button is in my sidebar)
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is so very appreciated.  Let me know and I'll follow back!


31 comments:

  1. All great projects! I especially love Esther's diamond quilt! What a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you!! And I LOVE your new strip quilt! You are such a great stripper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects ;) That 'happy' cabin quilt is quite cheerful indeed ;) One of these days (read: post-bar study) I'll actually have something to link up(!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting a great party!
    The colours and prints are stunning! Really beautiful quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your quilt! So beautiful fabrics and happy colours! Finnish wishes from Greece! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your picnic blanket! I shared a scrappy log cabin today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?? Love for TBZ? That's awesome, thank you!

    I feel your pain on boring meetings - been in more than one myself this week. It is so hard not to doodle or daydream or maybe take a little nappy wappy! Looks like they worth it though - if nothing else you have a pretty great quilt that certainly defies boring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those common core standards must have led to some great inspiration...the quilt looks great! Common core standards usually cause my husband to take some pain killers and go to bed early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew glad you turned to quilting for therapy! Your quilt top is sew-weet! Looking forward to seeing the finish!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too crazy quick! I'm still trying to go over and gush over your x-plus quilt and you're making a sunny scrap quilt that I must. have. for myself. Did you do *any* planning at all as you made these blocks? (alternate warm/cool, try to get certain colors into each block, etc.) I'm interested in others' scrappy processes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this quilt. Ah-mazing. Also, ditto to all of Laura's questions - hehe. And, how are you so fast - are you superwoman? I'm just saying? Or did you steal some quilting elves? It's magical over here! Thanks for featuring my strip quilt - so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a fun quilt! Definitely day brightening :) Thanks again for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt top...it is super cute and cheery!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picnic quilt is right up my alley. Love all the brights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, sometimes you just need a quick and cheerful project. For you, it's a whole quilt!! Hahaha, Kelly- you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelly!
    Thank you for featuring my green diamond quilt panel. It turned into a gorgeous pillow! It went to a great new home, but my sofa sure looked good with it on it! Will sure make something similar just for myself!
    I really love the summery log cabin quilt top you made!
    Hugs
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bright color combo of that top. Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous picnic quilt Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your "Scrap Happy" Log Cabin Quilt!
    Thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a bright, fun quilt, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your quilt. So bright and cheerful. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, Kelly! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday - much appreciated! I'm following you over at Bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks awesome Kelly! Would definitely brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That quilt makes me happy just looking at it! So, job accomplished. Thanks for the link up and happy basting(if possible)!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love, LOVE your log cabin quilt! The featured quilts are great too. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely work. Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A girl after my own heart...love all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kelly, that's a gorgeous, bright, sunshine-y quilt!! Just imagine all the fun picnics you could have on that! Whoop whoop!!

    And thanks for sharing the other quilts, too - I love those dizzy dresdens!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Even on a cloudy day, that picnic quilt paks its own sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips