I'm calling this quilt Serenity, with the hope that it brings its recipients just that. I had just enough leftover fabric to use on the backing, and I used the darkest greige for the binding. I love the shade of the binding fabric, and I really wish I had gotten a closeup of it for you before shipping it off. It is the perfect blend of gray and taupe, and it frames the softer colors so well.
I know that the recipients of this quilt are dealing with a lot right now, having lost everything in the flood, but I hope this quilt brings a little ray of sunshine to them, and much needed Serenity.
So, let's check out a few of my favorites from last week's party, shall we? Tracy at From One Twenty Seven linked up these three pretties!
Michelle at From Bolt to Beauty linked up this sweet baby quilt finish.
and just look at this cute tote by Celine at Esprit Patch! Love the selvages! I keep saying that one day I'm going to make a bag.
Alright then. Let's party, friends!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!
*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop" when selecting your thumbnail photo. For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work! :)