This large periwinkle Amy Bulter print was just perfect for this purple-loving preteen, and since I needed to widen it out to 70 inches, I added a Kona Purple stripe; and the Kona Turquoise binding ties both sides together quite nicely!
This quilt is going to be a focal point in her room, and she asked for a pillow to match. I knew I didn't want to be too matchy with more stripes, so I decided to go with an improv strip, with the colors blending gradually across the pillow. I really like the way it turned out!
Even though this quilt and pillow are bright, colorful, and appealing for a preteen, I really tried to make something that she would love even after her decor changes.
So, let's get to the party! Check out some of the amazing quilts that really caught my eye from last week! Like this bright beauty from Donnaleeq-
Or this sweet Shortcake quilt from re*engineered.
and this fantastic Fleet and Flourish quilt from Once Sewn- (just noticed that apparently I'm into alliteration today).
Love the inspiration week after week! Can't wait to see what's happening this week! Party on, friends!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!
*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop" when selecting your thumbnail photo. For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work! :)