Page Buttons

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Solid Gems

I finally have a quilt top to show you from that stack of solids, and I couldn't be happier with the way it came together!


I wish I could tell you that I know every single Kona color in this quilt, but I just don't.  I do know some though, and just in case you're wondering, I know for sure that I used Berry, Purple, Orchid, Rich Red, Turquoise, Oasis, Tarragon, Royal, Candy Blue, Buttercup, Baby Pink, and two Cloud 9 Cirrus solids- Rain and Amber.  The names of the others have long been forgotten.

This is a design that has been hanging around in my sketchbook for a few months, and when I realized how many solids I had collected, I knew they would be perfect for this pattern.  I really had fun pairing the light and darker shades together to create the jewels in this quilt, and I think it is so neat how the paired colors create such different looking jewels depending on the light/dark color placement.

I'm naming this one Birthstones.  It looks like we have some rainy days ahead- perfect quilt and pattern finishing weather!





22 comments:

  1. Ideal name for it! I love the bright colours - can't wait to see how you quilt it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Perfect name also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - this is stunning! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this a lot, will you be putting out a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing! Another great design. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore what you've done here! The name is perfect for it. I think naming the quilts is almost more difficult than creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another slam dunk Kelly! I really like the pattern and LOVE all the bright colors. I know, I always say that, but our mutual love of bright colors really "does it" for me... Thanks for sharing. (I was able to complete a small quilt top over our very busy spring break. It's 75"x75" in a simple heart pattern using 5" blocks. It'll be an end of the year gift for my daughter's kindergarten teacher, who is simply marvelous!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love how you paired the colors for the gems. :) The dark gems are my favorite, very unexpected and add dimension that makes them feel like real jewels. :) Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I knew this was your design as soon as I saw it - can't wait for the pattern to be available!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous... and really unique design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have spent alot of time this morning scrolling and drooling over your blog and quilts! How have I never come across your beautiful quilts? Great designs! Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one. I am not over-the-moon about solids, but this quilt could change that. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright delight! So glad you found the time to turn this design idea into reality. It's a GEM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Birthstones is fabulous -- the colors glow together. Wonderful. And the design is so different. Stunning quilt all around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt! I love it when I quilt goes from sketch book to reality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty. Are you going to sell the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is certainly a jewel of a quilt! Sorry, LOL, I couldn't resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations- what a stunning way to commemorate your anniversary. This is beautiful! The blocks really allow the fabric colors to shine. I love how creative pattern designers are! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! If you don't hear back from me, you should check to see if you're a no-reply blogger!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips