Page Buttons

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Daybreak in the Woods

Hooray!  After some marathon quilting last night and binding this morning, I have finished the camouflage and orange quilt and it is all ready to be shipped out to its new home.  Since this quilt is for a hunter, I decided to name it Daybreak in the Woods.


This quilt really was not my cup of tea, but I guess it would be unreasonable to expect that a teenage boy/hunter and I would share the same style.  I hope it's just right for him!


I went with wide stripes on the backing, with a large stripe of camo fabric at the top so that it will be very visible when turned down on the bed.  This quilt is a large queen size (about 85" x 100"), so it was a monster to quilt.  It took some serious muscles to stipple this on my Bernina!


I felt like this quilt was so dark that it needed a bright binding, and I think the orange really does the trick.



One thing I do like about this quilt is the depth that the various shades of orange and green create.  I really wanted the entire quilt to take on a pixelated camouflage look, and I think it works.

This one is getting shipped off this afternoon, and I am so glad it is finished.  I am ready to work on something girly!


9 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! Maybe because we are a hunting/outdoorsy family. Your color combinations are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the recipient is going to love it. It definitely has a camouflage vibe to it and I love the orange binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt for a boy. Definitely masculine. I know how you feel about quilting it. I do all mine on my domestic Janome and sometimes its definitely a workout xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good! The orange binding is perfect. Any more camp quilts on the horizon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work and I'm proud that you tackled such a big quilt on your Bernina. I've done many that size too. it's not easy, but doable. He will love his new quilt.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a really nice finish even if it wasn't your cup of tea. I know it can be really hard to motivate for things that we don't feel inspired by. I have one of those that's been lurking for some time with no progress at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! If you don't hear back from me, you should check to see if you're a no-reply blogger!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips