The ornament pillow is my very first applique' and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I have an irrational fear of interfacing, which is what has kept me from trying appliqué before this. I've always worried that I'll iron the wrong side of it to something and ruin my work. Maybe I'm being just a little bit neurotic?? I made this appliqué by sewing it to muslin (right sides together), then turning it right side out like a pillow. Then I kept it in place with basting spray while I stitched it down, and it worked like a champ! Check out the backs-
So, here's the thing. I have made so many Christmas projects over the last few years, and each time, I just add more and more to my Christmas stash. At this point, I have a ton of scraps, and frankly, I'm a little tired of them. So, I've decided to give them away.
There are seriously a LOT of scraps in this pile of many different prints I've collected. Definitely enough for a lap sized quilt, depending on the pattern, and a few bigger pieces as well. I'm ready to send them off to a new home, and let someone else make some holiday keepsakes with them.