Wow! The last few weeks have blown by like a whirlwind. I've spent every spare minute studying for my exam, and I think it went very well (huge sigh of relief). Now that it's over, I'm so thrilled to be back at my sewing machine. My first order of business is to catch up with the Triangle QAL going on over at The Sassy Quilter.
On Saturday afternoon, I managed to get all of my triangles cut out. Laying them out took a little bit longer than I anticipated, but last night, I finished up almost half of the quilt top.
Piecing the triangles into rows was getting a little bit tedious, so I decided to piece a few rows and then go ahead and join them together. Here's my issue. Besides the obvious problem of trying to keep my points and sewing with stretchy, bias-cut fabric, I accidentally sewed two rows with the starting triangle pointing the wrong way. The first triangles in the row should have been pointing down and I sewed them pointing up. The easy solution is to just flip the entire row, except that messes with the fabric layout. So, needless to say, I made the best of it and have a few fabrics closer together than I would rather. grrrr...
I have managed to keep most of my triangle points, although the very first row I sewed has some questionable results. Oh well, working with triangles is new for me, so I'm chalking it up to a learning experience! Five rows down, seven to go!