Page Buttons

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wild Thing and His Birthday Quilt

Today is wild thing's 9th birthday, but since we have a baseball tournament all weekend, we ended up celebrating his birthday a few days ago.  He logically presented his case that he deserved his birthday gift then, and since I'm not the greatest secret-keeper, of course I let him have it!

He thought the entire idea of posing with the quilt outside was hilarious and could not stop giggling.


He was totally surprised, since he usually sees all of my projects in process.  When I told him how I managed to make Sailing at Sunset in one day without his knowledge, he just cracked up laughing that I was able to pull one over on him.  That kid just melts my heart.

There are so many joys of being a mom, but one of the greatest has to be seeing something that I created bring him so much happiness.  He loves the quilt for what it is, and he loves it because I made it.  Since he's had the quilt, if we have been at home, the quilt has been by his side or wrapped around him.  I'm so glad that even at nine years old, he's still not too old to love snuggling up in one of Mommy's quilts- and I know that I will never tire of seeing it either.

11 comments:

  1. awwww. Super sweet kid you have there! Quilt is lovely and so is the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You perfectly describe here what the most important reason for quilting is! Thank you for reminding me!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you Esther! It's quilts like this that remind me too! :)

      -Kelly

      Delete
  3. Lucky kiddo!!
    You have a terrific young man there Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift. Sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! It's nice when the littles are appreciative of things that are handmade, as opposed to store bought! I hope my guys still love getting quilts when they're nine! Though if i keep making them for every birthday they may be sick of them by then, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet quilt for a sweet boy! Love the giggle pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pic! That's a framer for sure:) Looks good on him too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling boy, wrapped up in love! Great quilt and great story.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I truly appreciate your kind comment!

      :) Kelly
      ps- answering here because you're a no-reply blogger

      Delete
  9. His expression says it all, doesn't it ?~! The joy escapes the frames of the picture. Happy Ninth, young man, may you enjoy happiness and warmth for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips